Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy andrea ferrero (CBT) is a method of treating mental problems, human behavior and emotional difficulties that focuses primarily on the present. The treatment process uses a variety of therapies to suit the disorder. Otherwise, the psychotherapist will talk during the treatment of depression, phobias, disorders in children or post-traumatic stress disorder. How long does behavioral-cognitive psychotherapy last and how effective is it?
Is CBT Effective with andrea ferrero?
Cognitive Behavior Therapy is a clearly defined, goal-oriented form of psychotherapy. Unlike other therapies, it deals mainly with the present, not the past, assuming that any painful emotion and inappropriate behavior can be changed, even if they are firmly established and last for many years. It mainly has:
- very clear structure,
- usually a predetermined duration,
It is based on assignments, exercises and education as opposed to other so-called person-oriented therapies that focus more on:
- spontaneous conversation and place hope in the therapeutic relationship.
Another difference between cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy and other schools (mainly psychodynamic therapy and psychoanalysis) is its duration – cognitive-behavioral therapy, unlike many others, is a short-term therapy.
Cognitive behavioral therapy – what is its purpose?
It happens, however, that this process affects a very large section or the entire life of a person, touches a very important sphere of life, is firmly established, lasts a very long time or seriously hinders someone’s functioning (andrea ferrero). In such situations, we are dealing with a mental disorder or a serious psychological problem that requires treatment. The goal of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is:
- recognizing these negative thoughts and beliefs,
- observing their detrimental influence on emotions and the influence of emotions on behavior,
- and then reformulating beliefs in such a way that healthier emotions appear as a result, and the patient does not behave in a painful way for himself and others.